Job Opportunity: Museum Educator for ARTlab at Justice High School and Boulder Preparatory School
BMoCA is searching for a qualified candidate for the position of Museum Educator for its program ARTlab at Justice High School. The educator will be responsible for maintaining the excellence of BMoCA’s educational programming as well as working closely with the Manager of Public Programs.
BMoCA’s Education Department is comprised of programs for all ages and focuses on reaching a diverse audience. BMoCA has built a strong platform for fostering creativity through unique educational opportunities in our community.
ARTlab is a fine arts program designed by BMoCA to engage Boulder County’s most at-risk high school students. ARTlab strives to empower youth to build a positive future for themselves using visual arts as a language of self-expression and a tool for building self-esteem. ARTlab takes place every Friday at Justice High School (JHS), a Boulder Valley School District Charter School for students who have been expelled from traditional schools for a number of reasons, including truancy and drug abuse.
BMoCA believes the right candidate for this position will have an innate belief in the power of education to facilitate greater understanding of BMoCA’s exhibitions, art, the community around us, and our own humanity. We are searching for a well-qualified candidate with experience in art education.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Planning, organizing, and teaching ARTlab
- Working with the Public Program Manager and staff
- Coordinating between Justice High School and BMoCA Staff
- Evaluating projects, participants and the impact of the program
- Acting as ambassador for BMoCA to Justice High School and the public
- Performing tasks and errands related to the program as needed
Character & Qualities:
- Organized, enthusiastic, proactive, and enjoys building and promoting programs
- Experience working with underserved or at-risk populations
- Enjoys working with the public, including children and families
- Thrives in creative, team environments and working collaboratively with staff
- Succeeds in finding and coordinating resources
- Enjoys outreach and building collaborations between multiple constituencies
- 1 year of experience in art education
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, teaching certification, and museum experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities
Hours & Schedule:
This position will begin immediately. ARTlab occurs twice a week at Justice High School from11:00am-12:00pm.
Compensation & benefits:
This position will be on a contract basis and compensation will be commensurate upon experience. The Museum Educator will also enjoy the benefit of free admission to BMoCA and its programming while teaching ARTlab. Health insurance and vacation are not included with this position.
To Apply: Please submit a letter of interest outlining your qualifications and experience, a resume, and a list of at least two professional references with contact information to Nicole Roush, Education Coordinator at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or political affiliation.