Job Opportunities: Operations & Rentals Manager
Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art is searching for a qualified candidate for the position of Operations & Rentals Manager.
The Operations & Rentals Manager is responsible for ensuring that the museum runs smoothly, effectively, and efficiently. The Operations & Rentals Manager also oversees all aspects of the museum’s expanding rental program. This position is comprised of responsibilities in the following areas: office and facilities management, administrative assistance for Executive Director, management of rentals program, accounting support, and event coordination.
The Operations & Rentals Manager reports directly to the Executive Director + Chief Curator. This is a management position, and the Operations & Rentals Manager supervises the Visitor Experience Manager.
Facilities & Office Management
- Oversee maintenance of Historic Landmark Building
- Maintain relationships with City of Boulder Department of Facilities and Asset Management
- Serve as the first contact for all museum departments, including Curatorial, Development, Education, and Marketing, for any facilities or technical issues and troubleshoot the problems effectively and efficiently
- Hire contractors as needed, including getting necessary quotes and references
- Ensure that BMoCA’s facilities, including elevator, alarm system, fire exits, fire sprinklers, and wheelchair lift are in regulation and that the required annual inspections are completed
- Serve as the primary contact for the security company
- Oversee all technological equipment and IT systems, such as internet, server, projectors, computers, printers, and phones, among others
- Maintain and organize BMoCA’s current and archival operations and accounting files
- Work with Executive Director + Chief Curator, Associate Curator, and exhibiting artists on exhibition installation
- Communicate with Facilities Committee about meetings
- Oversee management of BMoCA’s fundraising and CRM database in consultation with the Development Department. This includes entering contacts and other data, pulling reports, creating mailing lists, and assisting staff with use of database.
- Supervise the Visitor Experience Manager and oversee his or her management of the part-time Visitor Services staff
- Order and maintain office and cleaning supplies
- Maintain office cleanliness
- Work closely with staff from all departments on coordination of events and programs. This includes ordering special equipment and event equipment, working with outside vendors, coordinating set-up, and managing IT equipment, among other duties.
Rental Program Manager
- Manage the museum’s expanding rental program
- Manage the budget and revenue goals for rentals in consultation with the Executive Director
- Promote and sell rentals of BMoCA’s space for private events by working with the Marketing Department to develop promotional strategies
- Meet and maintain communication with prospective clients
- Oversee rentals once they are booked and provide excellent customer service experiences for all clients
- Manage BMoCA’s liquor license, alcohol purchases, and inventory
- Communicate with staff about rentals
- Work with local caterers, event planners, and other vendors
Assisting the Executive Director
- Prepare and handle confidential documents for Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Assist with annual insurance audits and renewals
- Assist bookkeeper with accounts payable
- Serve as primary contact for bookkeeper
- Process all incoming checks
- Submit payroll to bookkeeper
- Assist with annual internal audit and tax return preparation
- Maintain accounting files
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- 2 years experience in office management or operations required
- Experience with QuickBooks required
- Experience in budgeting and finance required
- Experience with fundraising and CRM databases preferred
- Art museum or nonprofit experience required
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Apple, and PC computers required
- Strong IT skills and experience in troubleshooting required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
The Operations & Events Manager will work full time, 40 hours per week. The salary range is based on experience. This position includes health benefits and an EcoPass for public transit. Parking is not guaranteed.
Submit a letter of interest outlining your qualifications and experience, a resume, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Jordan Robbins, Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art, 1750 13th Street, Boulder, CO 80302. No phone calls please.
July 3, 2014
August 4, 2014 or earlier
Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or political affiliation.