Job Opportunity: Museum Educator for Art Stop on the Go
BMoCA is searching for a qualified candidate for the position of Museum Educator for its program Art Stop on the Go in Adams, Jefferson, and Douglas County. The educator will be responsible for maintaining the excellence of BMoCA’s educational programming as well as working closely with the Manager of Public Programs and Library Staff.
BMoCA’s Education Department is comprised of programs for all ages and focuses on reaching a diverse audience. BMoCA has built a strong platform for fostering creativity through unique educational opportunities in our community.
Art Stop on the Go is an after-school art workshop for 5-12 year olds, held 1-2 times a month at each of the five participating libraries. Please see the schedule of classes before applying to be sure that it fits with your schedule.
BMoCA believes the right candidate for this position will have an innate belief in the power of education to facilitate greater understanding of BMoCA’s exhibitions, art, the community around us, and our own humanity. We are searching for a well-qualified candidate with experience in art education.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Planning, organizing, and teaching Art Stop on the Go
- Working with the Public Program Manager and staff
- Coordinating between the libraries and BMoCA Staff
- Evaluating projects, participants and the impact of the program
- Acting as ambassador for BMoCA to the library’s audience and the public
- Performing tasks and errands related to the program as needed
- Organized, enthusiastic, proactive, and enjoys building and promoting programs
- Enjoys working with the public, including children and families
- Thrives in creative, team environments and working collaboratively with staff
- Succeeds in finding and coordinating resources
- Enjoys outreach and building collaborations between multiple constituencies
- 1 year of experience in art education
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, teaching certification, and museum experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities
Hours & Schedule:
This position will begin immediately.
Workshops for 2014 Fall Semester scheduled to be held on the following dates / times:
Anythink Huron Street Library, Adams County
9417 Huron St., Thornton, CO 80260
4-5pm, 4th Wednesday of the month
Anythink Wright Farms Library, Adams County
5877 E. 120th Ave.,Thornton, CO 80602
4-5pm, 2nd Monday of the month
Anythink Brighton Library, Adams County
327 E Bridge St., Thornton, CO 80601
4-5pm, 4th Monday of the month
2015 Spring workshops for Adams County, Jefferson County, and Douglas County will be scheduled by November 2014.
Compensation & benefits:
This position will be on a contract basis and compensation will be commensurate upon experience. The Museum Educator will also enjoy the benefit of free admission to BMoCA and its programming while teaching Art Stop on the Go. Health insurance and vacation are not included with this position.
To Apply: Please submit a letter of interest outlining your qualifications and experience, a resume, and a list of at least two professional references with contact information to email@example.com or mail to Nicole Dial-Kay, Public Program Manager, Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art, 1750 13th Street, Boulder, CO 80302. No phone calls please.
Application Deadline: November 1, 2014. Applications will be reviewed in an ongoing basis until the position is filled. Start Date: Immediately