Job Opportunity: Marketing Manager
Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art is seeking a Marketing Manager to oversee the museum’s communications, marketing, media relations, and design.
In consultation with the Executive Director and the Director of Advancement, the Marketing Manager creates, implements, and evaluates a comprehensive and integrated marketing and communications effort to enhance visibility of BMoCA’s programs, increase institutional support, and strengthen its position as a leading institution in the region. The Marketing Manager develops strategic marketing plans in support of all museum departments, including exhibitions, education, special events, and development. The Marketing Manager is also responsible for press and media relations and for supervising all graphic design.
-Develop and implement strategic marketing plans for all BMoCA exhibitions, education programs, and special events as well as select institutional development efforts
-Build a positive image and brand for the institution by ensuring all digital and printed materials are in line with branding
- Seek and secure editorial coverage in local, regional, and national press with goal of securing 2 local press placements per quarter; 1 regional press placement per quarter; 2 national press placements per year
- Write press releases and pitch stories to media
- Manage relationships with media and serve as the primary contact for press by responding to inquiries regarding museum programs and cultivating relationships with journalists
- Develop a communications plan and publicity campaigns for events, exhibitions openings, fundraising, special events, and membership activities
- Oversee the design and write content for all museum marketing and communications materials by working with contract graphic designer
- Manage contract graphic designer
- Manage BMoCA’s advertising strategy and placements and work with graphic designer to select and write content for ads
- Coordinate graphics, logos, and ad creation between requesting departments and graphic designers
- Manage and implement social media strategy for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and any new accounts
- Write and distribute BMoCA’s email newsletters: biweekly newsletter (7,000 recipients); volunteer newsletter (500 recipients); member newsletter; Board & Trustee newsletter
- Create the museum’s annual report
- Establish, cultivate, and maintain external community relationships and effectively partner with diverse groups for cross-promotional efforts
- Plan press receptions for new exhibitions and programs
- Assist as needed with development and execution of BMoCA’s special events
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Minimum four years in marketing and communications
- Minimum of three years experience in media relations required. Examples of press placements required.
- Experience creating strategic marketing plans and strategic digital communications plans required. Examples of marketing plans required.
- Excellent writing skills
- Graphic design experience preferred
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to meet frequent deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with diplomacy and tact at all times
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Flexible, positive attitude, and willing to follow vision of leadership
- Comfortable balancing diverse responsibilities
Hours & compensation
The Marketing Manager works full time for 40 hours per week and will be required to attend occasional off-site and on-site events in the evenings. The salary range for this position is based on experience. This position includes health benefits.
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Application deadline: Friday, November 6
Start date: as soon as possible
Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or political affiliation.