Now open Wednesday-Friday 1-7pm & Sunday 12-5pm!
We are able to reopen because we have put in place numerous protocols to adhere to all of the municipal and state health guidelines related to COVID-19. Your cooperation with these protocols is a critical part of the museum’s reopening success, and we thank you in advance for your attention to these important details.
What should you know before you visit?
- Visitation has limited capacity. Entry is timed in 30-minute blocks, and only 10 visitors will be in the museum at one time.
- Tickets are available for purchase in advance HERE or by calling 303-443-2122. If the museum is closed at the time of your call, please dial extension 101 to leave a message which will be returned within 24 hours.
- Currently there are tickets available for the next several weeks of the museum’s open days and hours. Tickets for dates and times further into the future will be made available shortly.
- Please arrive at your scheduled time, and be prepared to wait for a few minutes if ticketholders with previous times are still exiting the museum.
- Limited tickets will be available for walk-up visitors as capacity allows, and can be purchased with credit cards. Cash will not be accepted as a form of payment.
- County requirements for masks will be enforced. Visitors will not be allowed entry without adequate face covering, which must be worn at all times by adults and children over 2.
- Please practice social distancing – staying at least six feet away from visitors not in your party.
- Hand sanitizer is available on-site for your use, and touchable surfaces are disinfected multiple times per day.
- Visitors Services Staff will be wearing masks, and using gloves as appropriate. There will be a plexiglass guard on the front desk between Visitor Services staff and visitors.
- Benches and seating in the galleries have been removed. If you feel you need a chair to enjoy the artwork, please let the Visitor Services staff know and they will provide you a chair that has been disinfected.
- The museum shop will be open, and Visitor Services representatives can help you access items you are interested in purchasing. All items will need to be purchased with credit cards. Cash will not be accepted as a form of payment.
- Public restrooms are not currently available.
- As always food and drink is not allowed in the museum galleries.
Museum Admission Timed Tickets are available for purchase in advance HERE or by calling 303-443-2122. If the museum is closed at the time of your call, please dial extension 101 to leave a message which will be returned within 24 hours.
About Joel Swanson
Joel Swanson is a Denver-based artist and writer whose work chiefly explores the failings and glitches of linguistic systems. His work critically subverts the technologies, materials, and underlying structures of language to reveal its idiosyncrasies and inconsistencies. His work ranges from interactive installations to public sculptures that playfully and powerfully question words and their meanings.
The museum’s entryway currently features a commissioned work by Swanson. The artist was engaged to develop this work in response to the closures required by the coronavirus.