Job Opportunity: Studio Project Coordinator
BMoCA is searching for a qualified candidate for the position of Studio Project Coordinator for its Studio Project teen internship program. The coordinator will be responsible for managing this program over the course of the 2019-2020 school year (August-May), maintain the excellence of BMoCA’s educational programming as well as working closely with the Education Coordinator.
The Studio Project is BMoCA’s answer to purposeful engagement for middle and high school-aged youth. This program is targeted to serve youth with events focused on dialogues about art, art making, and social issues as they affect young people. The Studio Project is a program that includes Art Lounges (evening art-related events), student exhibitions, and is a school-year-long internship program comprised of students from local middle and high schools.
Studio Project interns meet every Wednesday from 5-6:30 p.m. when school is in session at BMoCA, in addition to two Art Lounges and two student exhibitions held on Friday nights from 5-10pm.
BMoCA believes the right candidate for this position will have an innate belief in the power of education to facilitate greater understanding of BMoCA’s exhibitions, art, the community around us, and our own humanity. We are searching for a well-qualified candidate with experience in art education with teens.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Planning, organizing, and teaching Studio Project
- Interviewing potential interns
- Monthly lesson planning
- Weekly meetings held every Wednesday night September through May (minus holidays and breaks)
- Creating meeting reports
- Planning two Art Lounges and two art exhibitions with the interns
- Research and recruit two artists-in-residence from the Boulder/Denver area
- Photo document meetings and each event
- Plan and facilitate two field trips with the interns
- Plan and oversee additional artist visits/field trips
- Collect and submit permission forms, surveys, and evaluations throughout the
- Regular communication with all interns regarding their progress in event
planning, marketing, scheduling, etc
- Communicate with Education Coordinator
- 2 years of experience in art education
- Leading teen groups in events and/or group activities is preferred
- Experience developing multi-month educational lesson plans
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, teaching certification, and/or
museum experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently and manage
Hours & Schedule:
The Studio Project meets every Wednesday night at BMoCA from 5-6:30 p.m. during the school year (minus holidays and breaks). The Studio Project Coordinator is expected to attend the two Art Lounges and two student exhibitions that are held on Friday nights, typically from 6-10pm. The Coordinator is also expected to manage the program outside of these hours.
Compensation & benefits:
This position is part-time and will be paid a flat rate of $6,000. The Coordinator will also enjoy the benefit of free admission to BMoCA and its programming while teaching Studio Project. Health insurance and vacation are not included with this position.
Start Date: Applicant will start in August to work with the Education Coordinator in planning and the intern process prior to the start of the school year on August 15, 2019.